Sunday, August 2, 2009

Our Wedding: Part 1- The Rehearsal Dinner

While we're waiting for our wedding disc from our Photographer (I'm hoping she'll include the shots she took of our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner) I figured I'd start writing about our wedding events- sure it's backwards, we started with the Honeymoon, put in a bit about the wedding, and now we're going to the rehearsal, but hey, why not =)

Our Thursday started off a little late. Aaron and I chose to sleep in just a bit, and while we had hoped to get Miley to Day Camp (where we were boarding her) by 10am, she ended up getting there around 1pm. After dropping her off, our next stop was to pick up my dress at Brides by Demetrios, but by this point we were STARVING. We decided to have lunch at Outback by my office (since my office was about 20 feet from the bridal salon as was Outback). We got my FAVORITE server Andrew, who didn't know I was getting married until that day (I see Andrew on a weekly basis). Because I wasn't there on work time, I was finally able to order my favorite alcoholic drink- which Andrew ended up bringing me the equivalent of 3 of them stating, "there was extra". After picking up my dress, we headed to the Ritz Carlton and got me all checked in.

Robert had hooked us up! He got me and my parents a one room suite connected to an additional room with 2 beds. This room was HUGE and lush! Shortly after arriving and starting to get settled in, Aaron had to go to pick up his tux, leaving me to get all settled in. My parents then soon arrived with my sister. We started un-packing and making sure I had everything I needed. I don't remember if Jeanne or Abby were the first to show up- but it was SO nice to have company. I quickly lost my "buzz" and got swept into wedding hysteria! Before I knew it, it was time to head down and see everyone on the pool terrace. And when I say everyone, I mean everyone! Shelly and Teffanie (Assistant and DJ), LaTricia (Photographer), Robert (Planner), Bob (Officiant) and all of our bridal party were waiting for us! It was a madness of hugs and going over quick details- I was amazed at how overwhelming the whole thing was.

After going through the rehearsal, we headed over to Grimaldi's for dinner! I had never eaten at Grimaldi's- but it was FABULOUS! We had the entire "Rockefeller Room" to ourselves, and got some great photo ops:
The Ladies

Blowing a Kiss

Aaron and I had our last dance lesson the night before where we learned the last part of our dance, which included a dip- we had to get an opportunity to try it out:

While we were waiting to eat, I gave the ladies their gifts in case they wanted to wear them the next day (Pearl earrings and necklace). It wasn't required, but I thought they may want too, especially Jillian- who's suit case was STILL lost!
I also gave Sean and Briana their gifts, Build-a-Bears:

After eating, we all had some good conversation- which was a really nice stress reliever for me. After all, how often do you get to spend an evening with your BEST friends out of which 1 set lives in Phoenix, 1 set lives in Columbus, OH, 1 in Austin, Texas, and the other in Santa Barbara, California- TOGETHER!

After the rehearsal dinner we tried to go to Sprinkles Cupcakes, but it was closed :( Aaron took me back to the hotel and he headed home.

At the hotel I spent a wonderful quiet evening with my sister and my parents. I really enjoyed spending time with my sister the most- we don't often get some quiet time along to just "chill" and it was one of the highlights of that weekend. We ventured to the 11th floor, played Sims 3, and just had a nice time. I fell asleep pretty easily, but then was up right at 5am- before the rest of the world, after all, I was getting married to the man of my dreams...

No comments: