Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Wedding: Part 2- Getting Ready

I'm so excited- we got our wedding photo CD back from the photographer! Of course this means that once I finish this sequence I have to stop talking about our wedding and find other exciting stuff in our lives to talk about- like our house =)

So the morning started for me around 5am. I was just too excited too sleep! I woke up and watch "Twilight" on my I-Pod hoping it would put me to sleep- it didn't. So around 5:45 I figured I'd just get up anyway. I strolled up to the 8th floor (the lounge area) but breakfast wasn't out yet. I came back down and Andie was awake! We talked for a little bit and played Sims 3, but honestly I just couldn't wait- so I started getting ready. I took my shower (using my new Bumble & Bumble Shampoo and Conditioner of which I am now addicted too) and blow dried my hair. Around 8:00 I went downstairs to meet the Jason's Deli delivering man with our breakfast trays and ran into Robert (our events planner) who is just absolutely fabulous! We spoke for a minute or two, until I grabbed our tray and went back to the room. Shortly there after Abby arrived- and the party was getting started!

Brook and Jodie arrived shortly there after, and everyone started getting ready! Andie was up first, while Brook was doing Andie's hair Jodi started curling Abby's hair (my bridesmaids were all either A or J names :)
Somewhere during all of this other individuals started to arrive. What's funny is that Jeanne arrived and I though I knew she wasn't arriving until Noon, I thought when she arrived she was quite early (time was just flying by) however she arrived at 11:45am...

The rest of the time honestly is a blur of moments I recall, and don't recall. At some point the Jason's Deli man showed up with our lunch tray; Jamie, Jillian, and I scarfed down the Sour Cream and Cheddar baked ruffles; I asked Jeanne to "calm my veil down" and everyone else got ready.


And then it was my turn- and this is when everything just started to feel so surreal! All the sudden everyone was there: Amy (my florist), Alex (the videographer), LaTricia and her assistant (photographers). Jodie was doing my make up, Brook my hair. The girls were all getting in their dresses...and suddenly it hit me, I was getting married!
After all the primping, it was time to put the dress on! I had been in a love-hate relationship with my dress for about two weeks. When I bought my dress, I knew it wasn't the EXACT one I wanted- the one I wanted had a price tag that I just wasn't willing to pay (come on- it's worn once for a few hours!) but when it came time to put it on, I was completely giddy about getting to wear it!


My wedding gift from Aaron

Meanwhile, in a room not so far away Aaron was getting ready too! Of course for him, it was a much easier process (isn't it always!)


And then with a few last checks, a veil and hair piece added:


it was time for me to go for me to go see my groom....

No comments: