Saturday, July 24, 2010

July 17th, 2010

Saturday July 17th, 2010 ended up being an extremely exciting day for my mom and I! Saturday July 17th, was Disneylands 55th birthday. We knew they were coming out with special released Disney Dooney and Burke purses, and at 3:00pm on Friday July 16th, decided we'd be driving out early Saturday morning to get ours!

Mom drove down Friday night, and early Saturday morning (4:00am) we hit the road for Disneyland! We made great time and actually ended up parking in the large parking structure at about 10:30am.

We immediately got in line for the purses, and since we were probably 20-25 people deep, I ran down to pin traders and picked up the 2 pins that came out for their 55th birthday (one scheduled, one surprise release). When I got back, mom had moved maybe 15 ft. After about an hour, it was finally our turn to head into Vault 28, and we picked out our purses!


Having over $500 worth of purses to cary around, we decided to head back to the hotel to drop off our "loot" and freshen up. We had to be back between 2pm-4pm to pick up our "gift with purchase" items, and of course wanted to enjoy Disneyland on its 55th birthday. We used my left over Marriott points, and stayed at the Fairfield Inn located right across the street- which worked out AWESOME! Once we got back to the hotel, mom jumped in the shower, and I tried to work some Disney magic of my own- and it worked! I called day of to see if by chance they had any World of Color dinner packages available for that evening and they had just had a cancellation for Ariels Grotto for the 2nd showing! We got SO lucky, and of course snatched these up! Knowing we were seeing World of Color on this trip ON Disneylands 55th Birthday gave us a 2nd wind, as neither of us ended up taking a nap (I maybe dozed for 15-20 minutes while mom showered). So we got dressed and hurried on our way up to pick up our gift with purchase item for spending $150 in Vault 28 on Dooney's! (This ended up being a D&B cosmetic bag with the same print! So cool!)

After picking up our gifts, we took the monorail into Disneyland and hung around... We also stopped for the only photo we got of the two of us the entire trip!

Mom decided to head back to the hotel to drop off some of our shopping purchases as well as change her shoes- my knee was starting to bother me so I stayed at Disneyland, and eventually headed over to first aid to ice my knee- I just pushed it to hard.

After icing my knee, it was pretty much time for our reservation at Ariels Grotto for World of color- after dinner we watched World of Color which was pretty much the most awesome Disney night time spectacular EVER!





After World of Color, we got on our first (and only attraction) of the day, Soaring over California. We had fast passes for Splash Mountain, but were just so dang tired we decided to call it a night since we knew we would be back in August. We made our way back to the hotel, and crashed pretty hard.

Sunday morning we woke up, and headed home. All in all, it was a quick trip, but honestly it was so awesome just being there on such a special day, and having our own special Disney magic!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I <3 Disneyland! You would think after living in Anaheim for 23 years I would hate it..haha