Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1: Happy New Year!

I fear this will be a "picture-less" post,so I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

As I posted a few days ago, I have a goal of losing 40 lbs by May 7th, 2011 (this is the day Aaron and I leave for Disneyworld).  To help achieve that goal, Friday evening Aaron and I went to the gym and after dropping a small fortune, I now can officially say I have a Personal Trainer for the next 12 weeks.  I'll see him 3 times a week for those 12 weeks.  The nice thing is that he's certified in corrective exercise, so he will be able to help me strengthen my quadriceps and even further my recovery on my left knee.

I'll also be undergoing a "cardio point" test, which will measure my zone 1-5 heart rates, and we'll program those into my heart monitor.  This way I can effectively use my gym time to burn fat.  

Additionally, today marked my first "sugar free" day (and I'm feeling it)!  The first few "sugar free" days are always the hardest, but after about a week the cravings tend to subside. 

Not a whole lot to report, but figured I'd update you on my progress.  My first session with the PT is on Monday- I'm VERY excited!