Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Honeymoon Day 6: Boma, EPCOT, and Magic Kingdom Friday Evening

Aaron and I had dinner reservations at Boma, the only restaurant in the hotel at this point we hadn't eaten in, and I had heard rave reviews, so I was very excited to try it! On our way down to the restaurant, I realized I didn't have any photo's of our "room number". I know this seems insignificant but at this point I was feeling sentimental =)
Once that was taken care of (thanks Mr. model Aaron!). We headed down to dinner, kind of sad that this would be our last dinner on vacation, but looking forward to the idea that the next night we'd be eating dinner at home with our Miley-bear!

Boma is a buffet style dinner, with foods from all over Africa- it was SO good! I was surprised with how much I enjoyed it- considering I'm not exactly an experimental eater!

After we ate the dinner portion, we headed over to the dessert buffet- 12 different desserts in total! One of the items they showcased, was an item I had grabbed from the Mara previously, but never had it fresh (always after long periods of refrigeration). It was called a Zebra Dome- and it was tasty! I do miss these....


After we enjoyed our dessert, we got another sprinkling of pixie dust!

While we were surprised it said, "Happy Anniversary"- at this point we had been married for a full week, so we celebrated our 1 week anniversary :)

After enjoying our delicious dinner, and dessert (twice over) we headed over (for what we thought) was a quick stop at EPCOT to pick up Isabella's drawing. After the long bus ride, we finally reached EPCOT. We headed into Art of Disney and were ready to pick up our drawing. Here starts the situation.

-Obstacle 1: the ladies at the counter don't speak English. Me, "I'm here to pick up a drawing", Them, " Do you have your receipt", Me, "yes, here", them,"Whats the name", Me, "Jennifer CXXXXX". They disappear, and come out with an envelope, and say, "Shelton Clayton". To which I say...no.

They then disappear for a long time, and come out with the slip the artist had written my request for drawing on. She then says, um, the guy who was working, he never turned this into the artist. (in very broken English). She then says, we can do it tomorrow. Well anyone who knows me, knows this isn't acceptable, to which I say, "I'd like to speak with a manager". They call the manager. (this took probably 15 minutes). Ironically while waiting for the manager, Mr. Clayton came to pick up his item.

Basically what happened, the gentleman I paid, never gave the slip to the artist to draw. The manager said they could have it for me tomorrow, which I said no too. He then offered to ship it, again, I said no (I'm a stickler on customer service, and this was not up to my satisfaction). I then basically explain this is for my Goddaughter whom I am driving down to see Monday and would like to take it with me.

Basically the manager calls over to Magic Kingdom, and finds out their artist can do it for me. They comped my drawing, and then gave me fast passes to use in Magic Kingdom for my time. Of course the entire time I'm having this crucial conversation, Aaron is laughing hysterically, and well recording it.

After our speed bump at EPCOT we finally were on our way to Magic Kingdom! The castle is SO gorgeous at night.


The only thing we really wanted to do Friday evening was Buzz Lightyears Astro Blasters- which sucked. It was so not as good as Buzz Lightyear at Disneyland- the guns didn't even come out of the holsters! Plus there were not different shaped targets so you knew which ones to shoot for higher point totals...
After doing Buzz Lightyear, we decided to walk over to Toon Town, but the lines to meet with the characters were like 90+ minutes long, just not worth it. We stopped one last time to get one of my Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars, and wouldn't you know it- More Pixie Dust! The guy gave it to us for free as a gift for our celebration!


After eating our ice cream, we debated what to do next- at first we were going to stay at the park later, and just take a little rest (they were open until 2am) until after sitting for our rest we realized we were exhausted. We barely made it over to Thunder Mountain to use our fast passes that we got from the manager earlier. After Thunder Mountain- we were done. We headed back to the bus, and I literally fell asleep on the way to the hotel!

Up next- our last day at Walt Disney World!

No comments: