Sunday, July 12, 2009

Honeymoon Day 7: Our last day!

When we woke up on Saturday, we were sad that our vacation was over, but honestly excited to go home. I think I woke up and looked at Aaron and said, "I get to see my Miley-Bear today!" Aside from that, I was so ready to be home where while it was hot, at least it was not humid- it's trips like this that make me so grateful to live in a desert! So we quickly got ready:

Stepped out for one last balcony picture (our bride/groom Mickey ears):

And headed over to the Transportation and Ticket Center- why did we end up here you may ask? Well we hopped on to what we thought was the "Magic Kingdom" bus but was actually the "Animal Kingdom" bus, to get to the Magic Kingdom, we had to head to the Transportation and Ticket Center (again) and this time took the Ferry over to Magic Kingdom (much faster then the monorail)! Once inside we decided to take advantage of our Photopass, since we knew we were buying the CD, and it doesn't matter if there's 1 photo or 8475078 on there, it's the same price:

We quickly headed over to Crystal Palace (where our last breakfast reservation was) but decided to stop for one last Photopass session with a photographer who had no line but a cool view of the castle:
From there we headed into Crystal Palace for breakfast. I had booked this one for Aaron specifically as a surprise, as it's a character breakfast with Winnie the Pooh and friends! For those of you who don't know, Aaron LOVE'S Pooh Bear, but hardly admits it. Because Aaron has sat through SO many Princess breakfasts with me, I figured it was my turn to do so for him!

I have to say of all our meals, this was my favorite! It started with our special "honeymooner's" table:
And then it quickly turned to super yummy food, seriously it was one of the best meals we'd had yet! They had Mickey Waffles, Breakfast Pizza (which we're making at home now!), and a lot of other super tasty foods! Right after we got our plates, the character's started coming over. First was Eeyore, whom Aaron was away for, but he made up for that later =) Then came Piglet- whom I love! ( I even have a build-a-bear costume of Piglet!)
Then came Tigger, who we had so much fun with- as you can tell:

We then saw Pooh- which started as a photo with the 3 of us, but I then quickly "outed" Aaron's love for Pooh and got a photo of just the two of them:


After that, Eeyore came back around- it was important to me to get a photo with Eeyore because he was my Grandma's favorite character, and I wanted to give it to my mom (I had just gotten married a week ago, I was still running high on emotions and hormones!)

We were pretty much finished after that, but were waiting around for our bill, and well the place emptied out so fast that we were soon the only two in there and ended up with extra character time:

So as we were leaving, the most hilarious thing ever- the characters broke out into a dance off! We had so much fun watching, and I even joined in... I have a video but it won't upload :(

After breakfast we still had a few hours before we needed to be back at the hotel for our Magical Express pick up. We decided to hang out around Magic Kingdom, and got to see the last little bit of the Parade (the only one we saw all week!)
From there, we headed to the train, because no trip to Disney is complete without a "Full Circle tour of Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom, with stops at..." however I have to say, the train here, is no where near as cool as it is at Disneyland. At Disneyland, the train was actually personally supervised by Walt until his death, and then by his wife for some time after that, so it's very special, at Magic Kingdom, it just wasn't as special- but it was HOT!
After our grand circle tour, we decided to leave Magic Kingdom, as I was certain I was getting heat stroke, I was dry heaving, but stopped for one last classic photo:
We decided to head back to Animal Kingdom Lodge until we had to meet our bus. Upon our arrival we decided to stay on the bus and check out the Kildani Village Pool, as we'd heard SO much about it- man do I wish we'd have had our bathing suites accessible, it was calling my name!
After checking out Kildani Village, we decided to head back to the main building, Jambo House. We had one last quick service meal, so we redeemed it at the Mara, though neither of us was very hungry- we figured it would save us from Airport food. Honestly, from there, we boarded our bus, and headed to the airport. Sadly the pictures stop here, I fell asleep on the bus, and the airport was well, another airport. The airline had oversold our flight, and we considered taking the $300 per ticket voucher offer, dinner, and a night at the Hyatt Orlando Airport hotel, but at that point I just wanted to head home- Aaron wanted to take the deal. I spend so much time in hotels, and rack up so many frequent flyer miles, that the voucher just wasn't appealing to me.

We landed in Phoenix early, were greeted by Joyce and Jared, and well, we were home, ready to start the rest of our lives!

No comments: