Friday, October 2, 2009

My Amazing Husband

This past week has been really stressful for me- well let me back up, this past month has really been quite stressful. Work is good, but it's very busy. We're being challenged each and every day- which while I love a challenge is well, just that. I'm pushing myself to greater lengths then I could have ever imagined, but it all comes with a toll. Additionally, I've been traveling quite a bit this month which always takes a toll on me.

To top this week off, on Monday, we had to put Honey done. While it was the right thing to do, it was still very challenging. On top of that, I've been stressing big time about how exactly it will work out when we're ready to start trying for babies- after taking contraception so long, my bodies having some problems figuring itself out.

So after a very long day at work on Tuesday, I called Aaron to let him know I was on my way home around 7:30pm. He asked if I wanted to go out to dinner, to which I said, "honestly no, I'm tired". He sounded really disappointed so I asked if he was near my office, and he was about 2 blocks away, so OF COURSE I had to meet him for dinner. We agreed to meet at Scottsdale Fashion Square to have dinner at Paradise Bakery- my favorite!

Well, as soon as he shows up he has a big Crate and Barrel bag! After we eat, he asks if I want my special present to which I said- I'd rather wait until we get home. Well once we got home, I got to open my present! He had purchased me the place mats I wanted for our new dining room table! I was so excited, until he said, wait I have one more for you- and he pulled out a bag I was very familiar with- a Brighton bag!! I knew exactly what it was, the weekend before we had been in Brighton purchasing my mom's Breast Cancer Bracelet (it's become a tradition for me to get it for her every year) and I commented on how much I liked it and wanted one of my own.

I opened the bag and there it was, I adore this years bracelet. The heart actually opens and on one side says, "trust in your journey" and the other says, "Everything is possible". It is so special to me to know my mom and I both have them- we wear them often but especially on challenging days, it's our way of knowing we're always with each other.

I was so excited I didn't even realize there was another charm on the bracelet! Can you see it?

It says, "Mom"! At first I thought he put this on there because my mom has the same bracelet, which I thought was adorable, but then he tells me that he wanted me to know that regardless of how it happens (though we're both not anywhere near giving up on having a baby as we've not even started trying, I'm just OCD paranoid) he can't wait for our family to grow, and to see me as a Mom, and he never wants me to give up hope on my dream- it was his promise that I would be a Mom no matter what. I had tears in my eyes at this point.

I wear this bracelet, with my "mom" charm daily as a reminder of my dream, and to remind me to keep my faith, as God has a plan for our family.

Aaron- you really are the most amazing man on the planet, and I'm still not sure how exactly I ended up having the privilege of being your wife. My love for you grows deeper and deeper each and every day. I love you!