Friday, October 2, 2009

Princess Honey

On September 28th, 2009 our dear "Princess Honey" left this earth. Honey had been suffering from cancer which had infiltrated her entire body.

I remember the day we first met Honey. We were at my mom's best friends home, and her dog had just given birth. Honey was one of two golden pups in the litter, and in my opinion the prettiest. She had long golden hair, and was just the sweetest thing you could imagine, this was in February of 1999. In March of 2009, after convincing my parents that my sister and I really did need another dog, Honey came home with us.
She instantly became a member of our family. Honey LOVED McDonalds French Fries, belly rubs, and most of all- being outside. She loved her family very much and was a wonderful protector.
Honey was also one of the most photogenic dogs you could find. She adored being with people she loved (though she was protective of them, and often couldn't go out in public to much as she would growl at people who got near her "person".)
After her quality of life started to deteriorate from the cancer, we realized the only thing we could do to take care of our honey- was to put her down. Both my dad and I laid with her until she passed, assuring her of what a good dog she was, and how much she was loved.

We all miss her deeply, but know she's in a better place, looking over all of us.

We miss you honey-bunny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like the love of a dog. We are so grateful that you had such a wonderful experience of love that will never leave you. Matlock's, Stella's and my heart go out to you.