Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Merry Christmas- Only 1 month belated

This Christmas was our first year in our very first home together. I was so excited for this Christmas for so many reasons: our first Christmas together as husband & wife, Bella's first Christmas, and just the season- this year for the first time in a long time it just felt like Christmas.

We started Christmas on Christmas Eve. We had dinner with Aaron's parents, went to church as a family, and then came home to exchange gifts. Jared absolutely loved the DS we got him- score one for us! LOL

Christmas morning we didn't set any alarms and weren't in any rush. We woke up, and just got to enjoy each others company! When I came down stairs the first thing I saw was this:
My very own elliptical!! I was SO excited! Santa brought it just for me =) (at least that's what Aaron said!) Aaron wasn't too sure about his PS3:
He still (to this day) hasn't played it... maybe one day.

After opening the rest of our gifts, we relaxed a bit more, then got ready and went up to my parents house in Prescott Valley.

Mom loved her apron & Andie loved her new Coach Purse I found her in New Hampshire while there on business!
Saturday morning, mom and I got up early, and headed out shopping- we thought that Walmart would open at 5am- we were wrong. They didn't open until 6am...well 6:15 if you want to get technical, nor did anything else in Prescott Valley open until 6am- so we sat in the parking lot watching Christmas with the Kranks on my iPhone.

We had SUCH a successful shopping trip though! Aaron and I had to buy all new lights for the house this year, and well they were just so expensive that we didn't buy as many as we'd have liked to- so I purchased like 5 more boxes of those lights, plus a few more boxes of other lights we had liked but opted not to buy. I also got a few lawn items (not to many as our front yard isn't really made for lots of items with all the landscaping).

Saturday afternoon, mom and dad hosted our family Christmas party. We had such a wonderful time, and it was so special getting to see Bella for her very first Christmas.

Aaron and I headed home on Sunday morning so we could get back and unpack in time to head back to work Monday.

I have to say, this Christmas was probably one of the best ever. Only one thing could have made it better, and we're hoping for that by next Christmas ;)

No comments: