Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tonight- I am an American, not Red, not Blue, but Red, White & Blue

Look- I get that Obama's 1st year has been rough, and I'm not saying I agree 100% with the man. BUT it's time that we as a society step up and take ownership for what WE'VE done. When the economy was booming and people were doing well- we weren't saving and investing in the future, we were buying cars that got 8 mpg for the status symbol of owning a "hummer".

Watching tonight's state of the union, I am ashamed. I am ashamed that while yes, Left and Right don't agree- snide comments during the Presidents speech are made and demeaning giggles occurring. We're in this together people, and if you don't like it do something about it. If you have a better idea, say it, and instead of insisting on it being your way have hearty discussions about it (for both sides). We get so angry that the left and right can't agree- when we're brewing it ourselves. Tonight I am not a democrat nor a republican, I am an American and damn it regardless of who's idea it is, let's figure out what we need to do to get back on track.

By the way- I am ashamed of you John McCain. I expect more from you. I will seriously question your re-election as a constituent of Arizona.

No comments: