Monday, May 17, 2010

The People We're Destined to Meet

The other day at work, I was chatting with a co-worker about one of the biggest pro's of our team being the people who were hired. Our now Vice President (JD) has done an amazing job putting his team together, and matching individuals who connect on so many levels. I look at the individuals I work with- like Jamie and Jillian (okay used to work with) and it amazes me how we found each other. Now don't get me wrong, I firmly believe that the three of us would have someone found each other- even without working for the same employer- but it's just amazing to see how people come together.

It really got me thinking about the individuals in my life- and their purpose. I believe each person in my life has a purpose and was put there by God for a higher meaning. However, I've always had this thought (or rather ever since I saw "What Dreams May Come") that maybe our souls are connected in a way, that when we venture to earth- part of it is a mystery, a game of sorts to find each other in our mortal form. I don't know if this contradicts my Christian beliefs- I've heard heaven explained a multitude of ways from various members of clergy. I guess there's just something about it that appeals to me. When I think about the people who I can form an instant connection- and a bond so strong that it doesn't matter if we talk daily or yearly, or if we see each other every day, or once every 5 years- that bond and connection is stronger then titanium.

Jamie and I hit it off instantly- I think she had worked with me for all of 3 weeks before we spent hours chatting on Memorial Day and hit off an instant friendship. The same with Jillian, instantly when we both started speaking on a more regular basis we connected. And then of course there's my husband- the man whom I knew I would spend the rest of my life with almost instantly within meeting him. There was an instant connection- deep within.

I'm sure this can be chalked up to science or emotional intelligence- the reasons why we instantly bond with some over others- but I have to believe there's just a deeper meaning, a deeper connection that allows us to open ourselves up to some more then others- sometimes with very little background about them.

I guess that's just my hypothesis for the evening... what's yours?

1 comment:

Shell said...

I think you are totally supposed to meet peeps! It's not a coincidence, but a God-incidence!
Glad I know you chica!