Saturday, June 27, 2009

Honeymoon Day 3: Epcot Tuesday Evening

After a fun filled day at Typhoon Lagoon, and a call to my salon to find out how to treat my heat rash, we got ready for one of our favorite dinners of the trip- Coral Reef at EPCOT. We were very excited for this dinner, I had eaten here before, but Aaron had not and he LOVES aquariums! We started our journey through EPCOT with the obligatory picture in front of the big "Golf Ball" which really isn't a Golf Ball...
We were hoping to Fast Pass Test Track or Soarin' Over California- but they were all out of Fast Passes. Instead we spent some time shopping before dinner (we only had about 45 minutes, so not enough time to check out World Showcase). We found my dad's gift, my towel, and a few other items, that we picked up. We weren't going to, but I realized that I should get my dad's shirt (they only had one of his size left) while I had it, and why not get the towel too (boy am I glad we did!). After that we headed over to the restaurant. We were told there would be a wait- but really we were sat before our actual reservation. While we were waiting Aaron snapped this photo:
We were seated right away, and lucky enough to be at a table like ON the aquarium. Aaron had no idea what to expect, so when we walked in and he saw it- he was awe struck! We had set our camera on the table, and as soon as our waiter came out he had us pose for two photos, the first with flash:
The second without the flash, so you could see the aquarium:
The aquarium was fabulous! Our camera didn't take great photo's but to give you an idea:
Once we figured out what I *could* order (with my seafood allergy) we put in our order. I ordered the NY strip steak, and Aaron the wild mushroom ravioli. Once my steak came, Aaron realized he made the wrong decision- it was FABULOUS!
Our meal was wonderful- it truly did not disappoint. After we were finished, we headed back up to the lobby, and it was PACKED. We knew it was a popular restaurant, but this was a bit ridiculous. Well, we realized as soon as we stepped outside why- it was pouring! We didn't mind, we put our pulled our poncho's out and put them on, and decided to head over towards Test Track, which ended up being closed due to lightening. So instead, we headed to Mission Space. It was empty- I mean, empty:
In the photo's you can see how wet we got- even with ponchos! I was glad to have bought the towel, we used it to dry off our legs and arms that weren't covered by the poncho. After Mission Space, I took Aaron over to the Land so he could see the working Green House- which I knew he'd love, and he did. He wanted to jump out and investigate how they were making everything grow the way it did. He wanted to ride it again- but since it's like a 6 minute ride we opted not too, and instead ventured back out for more shopping after realizing Soarin' Over California had an 80 minute wait.
At this point, Aaron's shoes were soaked (they hadn't really ever dried from the rainy night before). We decided to buy him some Croc's! That's right Aaron got an Indiana Jones Hat AND Crocs on this trip! He opted for the flip flop Crocs- which actually are quite cute if I do say so myself- I mean, manly... ya.

Up next- a ridiculous morning at Animal Kingdom...

No comments: