Friday, June 26, 2009

Honeymoon Day 3: Typhoon Lagoon Tuesday

After a rainy Monday evening, Aaron and I decided we would sleep in a little on Tuesday and skip Blizzard Beaches Extra Magic Hours. I woke up first and got ready. After I was ready I woke Aaron up so he could get ready (easy to do since we were going to the water park!) and headed down stairs to the Mara to get some breakfast for us.

On our way to the Disney Transport Buses we walked by the hotel gift shop where two cast members were standing. I stopped when we passed them and asked them which water park we should go too. One of the cast members confidently stated, "Typhoon Lagoon. I used to work there and if you're looking for a relaxed, lush, location, that's the place to go!" So off to Typhoon Lagoon we were! It didn't take long for the Downtown Disney/Typhoon Lagoon bus to show up. We boarded and were on our way!
When we entered Typhoon Lagoon, we stopped to look at towels. I have to say that I am disappointed that they were like $7.00 more expensive then at any of the other theme parks. Needless to say, I did not purchase a towel from Typhoon Lagoon.

We entered and there was a photo pass lady taking pictures. I hadn't brought our photo pass with us, but she offered to take one with our camera:
The landscape was so beautiful and lush! It really did feel quite tropical- quite a different feeling from Blizzard Beach.
I was starting to forget that we were even at a Disney Theme Park to be honest- well that is until we saw- Lilo!
When we first arrived at Disney World, the first thing I did was turn "Stacey" on the television. Aaron heard me say as soon as we walked in that , "we had to put "Stacey" on!" (She gives the top 5 things to do at each park, and it's just not a complete trip without her!) Well- for 2 days now we'd been hearing Stacey talk about the "Crush and Gusher" so off we went!

Yes- this means my Disney Photo Pass CD has arrived!! We had no idea they even shot photo's as you came down the slide until as we were getting out a photographer handed us this mini photo pass card on a rubber band! It was awesome!

This was the first time we entered the water- and the first time I realized we may have a problem. See, when we woke up that morning, I noticed that I had horrible bumps all over my forehead and below my nose (above my lip). It literally looked like what babies get on their bottoms. As soon as I entered the water it BURNED. I spoke with a nurse at Typhoon Lagoon- and it was heat rash. Thus why I was no longer allowed to wear make up for the rest of the trip.

We spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon at Typhoon Lagoon. It was a fabulous park and our only regret was that we didn't have time to go back!

Up next- Our first trip to EPCOT and dinner at Coral Reef

No comments: