Sunday, June 6, 2010

Luckiest Girl in the World

Meet these guys:

They are my parents. They happen to be the most amazing parents on the planet (true biz- that's not even me being biased). Awesome parenting skills aside, there's something even cooler about my parents- how much they love each other.

My parents have been married for 26 years. Those 26 years have thrown them quite a few curve balls, but it's clear to not only myself, but anyone who meets them, that those curve balls have done nothing but make their marriage stronger.

With our 1 year anniversary coming up, I thought it was important to reflect on my parents and how they've influenced what I want out of a marriage. Additionally, with recent family events, it's made me even more grateful and appreciative of the relationship my parents have.

Growing up, I never really realized how lucky I was to have two parents who loved each other. It wasn't until I was older that I truly gained appreciation for what I had. And even though there are times when my sister and I have to give each other the look because mom and dad are "going at it again" (IE: making my sister and I blush with their affections), I am so thankful that I have two parents that love each other enough to still want to be publicly affectionate with each other.

I don't know that I can ever truly thank my parents enough for the values they instilled in me, the value of knowing that a marriage is something you work for daily, but if you're willing to work for it, the rewards are endless and infinity + 1.


I can only hope that Aaron and I can set the same example for our children that my parents have set for me.